By Tate Marcinkoski
Everyone at WES was very sad to hear that Mr. Savage is leaving at the end of the year to take a new job as principal at another school. He has been such an important part of our school, and we will all miss him.
I first met Mr. Savage four years ago when he taught music. He made learning super fun and always made everyone laugh. When he became assistant principal, he spent a lot of time visiting classrooms, the cafeteria, the playground and the bus loop to say hi and talk to students. He made everyone feel very welcome and happy to be at WES. His new school will be lucky to have him.
Last week, I had an opportunity to interview Mr. Savage and ask him the 10 things he is going to miss most about our school. Here is what he said:
1. All of the kids
2. All of the teachers
3. Our mascot, WES the Bee
4. The positive behavior programs such as bee tickets and our school motto, “Be…Respectful, Responsible, Safe and Caring.”
5. Getting dunked in the dunk tank at the Spring Fair (** We have one last chance to dunk him later this month!! )
6. Hearing the students sing at the winter concert
7. Stopping by the cafeteria during lunch and asking kids how their day is going
8. Working with the school’s many paraprofessionals
9. Hanging out with Mr. Vaughn, Ms. Roseanne and all of the people at lunch
10. His office team: Mrs. Ferguson, Mrs. Meehan, Mrs. Treadway
For more information on the Spring Fair Thursday May 31st from 4 to 8 pm, click here.