By Ben Rickmond
Over spring break I went to the Eagles Stadium. Did you know that you can get VIP tours there? The tickets cost $8.00 for kids and $10.00 for adults.
To get tickets go to: http://www.lincolnfinancialfield.com/stadium-tours/
Here’s some stuff I got to see on my tour.
- First, we toured the luxury suites. (Fact: there are 172 suites.)
- Next, we saw the press box. (That’s where FOX and other companies film the game.)
- Last, the locker room! (There are no lockers only cubbies.)
- Probably the best part … going on the field! The tour guide put on the music just like the players get to hear at a real game! And we got to walk through the same tunnel that the players do.
Here are some facts that I learned.
- Did you know that nothing goes into the landfills? Thanks to the stadium’s Go Green program.
- All of the oil they use for cooking gets turned into biodiesil for lawn mowing, etc.
- There are lots of solar panels in the parking lot and wind mills too to produce energy for the stadium.
- Something I think is really cool; they plant one tree per mile they travel for away games. Isn’t that great?
- Did you know that the players drink 6,300 gallons of Gatorade each season?
Also, I interviewed my family and class about what their favorite NFL team is.
Here’s the tally.
I highly recommend you take this tour. Go Eagles!